Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jayjay25  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:47:45 AM(UTC)
jayjay25

Groups: Registered

The closest repair manual that I could find is a Whirlpool model # GU1200XTK/ GU1500XTK. It looks very similar to my machine. I have some experience as a "do it yourselfer", but I must admit, as I study the overview of its "state of the art" design features, I worry that, maybe, it's out of my league. One example is the warning that if the machine is not precisely level, the dishes will not get clean, because of the design of the pump system. I'm new on this forum, and I got some encouragement from reviewing the advice of your experts in dealing with other peoples problems. I was impressed by the sincere and courteous attitude of volunteers like Gene.

For starters, my first challenge is trying to remove the inlet protector so I can examine the chopper blade. I removed the one bolt that holds it, but it doesn't come off. I tried vinegar, in case it was stuck by mineral deposit or caked detergent. Is there a release tab or something that I overlooked in the area of the check valve ? I hesitate to use too much force as breaking a plastic part would only add to my problems.

Thank you, Joe
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:30:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Joe,

You can find the complete instructions in the "Chopper/Filter service" section of the tech sheets. Check if the chopper shaft is not damaged.

Post your findings.

Gene.
stefia  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:18:55 PM(UTC)
stefia

Hi Joe,

I had the same problem. The strongest guy I know couldn't budge it. Days later, I found a thread on this site with the same problem and a solution.

Originally Posted by: skip Go to Quoted Post
Success at last - I used a hairdryer and once the part warmed up it popped off.

It worked for me too.

Hope it does for you.
Stef
jayjay25  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 1:57:48 AM(UTC)
jayjay25

Originally Posted by: stefia Go to Quoted Post
Hi Joe,

I had the same problem. The strongest guy I know couldn't budge it. Days later, I found a thread on this site with the same problem and a solution.

It worked for me too.

Hope it does for you.
Stef

Hi Stef,
Thank you for alerting me to this great solution to my problem. Unfortunitely, the method I tried, finally worked, but it took much longer than it would have taken if I had used Skip's idea. Next time I'll know better. Sincerely, Joe