Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shawn4455369  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 3:09:20 AM(UTC)
shawn4455369

Groups: Registered

It is not part of the sink. Use either a blow dryer on hot or a propane torch to loosen the old flange. BE CAREFUL! Most all disposer sink drains are held in by a mounting collar & three screws going up through the disposer unit mounting ring. The sink flange/drain is screwed into the mounting collar from inside the sink,, which is mounted under the sink. I always run @ a half inch round bead of plumbers putty just under the sink flange where the brand name is stamped. Do not use a rubber ring in sink. Remove excess putty after tightening. Good luck. Always run water with unit on for a few seconds after food is down the drain to rinse out any acidic food residue.
rizzardo  
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:29:40 PM(UTC)
rizzardo

Hi,

I am about to replace my badger 5 with an evolution excel.

The sink flange is the same in sink-erator quick mount system and the manufacturer states that it is not necessary to replace the flange.

My flange is 5 and a half years old, and I have never had a problem with it. But I figure if I am going to replace the unit, now would be the time to replace the flange. At the same time, if it ain't broke...

Anyone thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers!
natashaB  
#13 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 12:52:23 AM(UTC)
natashaB

I had a problem with that before. I just ask for help with the garbage collector to know what to do with it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply