Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ECBMKPAGE  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:36:37 AM(UTC)
ECBMKPAGE

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6

:confused: I have a Maytag MDB8965AWB. Certain lights on the control panel will light and the delay button will flash like normal but you can't press start and you can't press normal wash. I have since found there is a recall on the heating element which they will either replace free or give $ toward a new Maytag. I would like to get this running first and then have them come and fix the heating element or should I just bite the bullet and get a new Maytag. I am a little reluctant, although Consumer Reports has given favorable reviews on a couple of models. The Maytags seem awful repair prone to all the stuff I have been reading online. Help!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:04:44 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: ECBMKPAGE Go to Quoted Post
:confused: I have a Maytag MDB8965AWB. Certain lights on the control panel will light and the delay button will flash like normal but you can't press start and you can't press normal wash. I have since found there is a recall on the heating element which they will either replace free or give $ toward a new Maytag. I would like to get this running first and then have them come and fix the heating element or should I just bite the bullet and get a new Maytag. I am a little reluctant, although Consumer Reports has given favorable reviews on a couple of models. The Maytags seem awful repair prone to all the stuff I have been reading online. Help!!!


My first inclination is, that you have a malfunctioning key pad assembly.

However, I cannot find a parts catalog or technical data sheet for the model number you supplied(MDB8965AWB)

Could you please varify the model and serial number so we could better assist you.
ECBMKPAGE  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:28:31 AM(UTC)
ECBMKPAGE

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
My first inclination is, that you have a malfunctioning key pad assembly.

However, I cannot find a parts catalog or technical data sheet for the model number you supplied(MDB8965AWB)

Could you please varify the model and serial number so we could better assist you.
.

Hi Joe,

Thanks. That is the correct Model #. The serial # is: 33592368JL.
ECBMKPAGE  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:59:16 PM(UTC)
ECBMKPAGE

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the repsonse. That is the correct Model # and it's a Quiet Series 300, if that helps. The serial # is: 33592368JL. Hopefully this helps you and thanks again!:)
ECBMKPAGE  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 6:29:16 AM(UTC)
ECBMKPAGE

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6

:) Joe,

Sorry, I double checked to make sure and here is the correct model #: MDBH965AWB. Serial # 33592368JL. Eyes must be going!
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 7:36:55 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

[AWB)quote=ECBMKPAGE;247823]:) Joe,

Sorry, I double checked to make sure and here is the correct model #: MDBH965AWB. Serial # 33592368JL. Eyes must be going!


Glad you were able to re varify the information.
We were able to research the information you supplied, and we acquired the same model number(MDBH965AWB).

With the description you supplied, I'm sure you need a control panel/ touch pad assembly

Part number: AP4364098
Part number: AP4364098


If you wish to varify the operation of the touchpad and other components,
There is(should be) a technical data sheet attached to the backside of the kickplate or lower access panel(lowest / closest to the floor).

I hope I have helped you
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 7:39:01 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

[AWB)quote=ECBMKPAGE;247823]:) Joe,

Sorry, I double checked to make sure and here is the correct model #: MDBH965AWB. Serial # 33592368JL. Eyes must be going!


Glad you were able to re varify the information.
We were able research the information you supplied, and we received the same model number(MDBH965AWB).

With the description you supplied, I'm sure you need a control panel/ touch pad assembly

Part number: AP4364098
Part number: AP4364098


If you wish to varify the operation of the touchpad and other components,
There is(should be) a technical data sheet attached to the backside of the kickplate or lower access panel(lowest / closest to the floor).

I hope we have helped you
ECBMKPAGE  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 7:59:42 AM(UTC)
ECBMKPAGE

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6

Thanks again. I will look into that. Should I try cleaning the contacts going into the board. I have seen similar symptons on other Maytags and this seemed to solve the issue.
Joe / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 10:27:11 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: ECBMKPAGE Go to Quoted Post
Thanks again. I will look into that. Should I try cleaning the contacts going into the board. I have seen similar symptons on other Maytags and this seemed to solve the issue.



Good idea,
You may want to,
(I never, had a lot of success doing that,myself).

Use a non residue contact cleaner on both the keypad ribbon and connection on the control board.

You may also want to "seal" the ribbon connection to the control board contacts.
(I used vaseline or a silicone based grease, some guys use silicone sealer).
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.