Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ddelling  
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 8:55:42 AM(UTC)
ddelling

Groups: Registered

Joe,

I will give it a try and let you know. Thank you for sticking with this. I am very appreciative.
Joe / APP Team  
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:18:04 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ddelling Go to Quoted Post
Joe,

I will give it a try and let you know. Thank you for sticking with this. I am very appreciative.

You are quite welcome, I'm sure all will be well when you're done.
ddelling  
#13 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 12:26:43 PM(UTC)
ddelling

Joe,
Thank you for the detailed instructions and the time you spent on researching the answer. Everything went great, just as you had documented. Thank you very much!!!
dillybob  
#14 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 6:48:59 AM(UTC)
dillybob

Help!!!!
I followed this thread and combined it with the wiring instuctions which came with the switch. As a result, I have the switch working, but the other three now are not!

The switch I'm replacing is the first one in line from the power source.

The wires are as follows:
My original dual black: comes from the power source and has a splice in it that connects to the burner sensors on all the burners. It also has a dual connector that I have attached to P1. The other part of the dual connector goes to the next switch.

My original dual red: comes from the power source and also connects to the next witch in line. I have cut that dual and attached the power source to P2, and the other switches to 2.

My single orange is now connected to S2. it goes to the indicator light.

My purple and green are the inner/outer burner elements and are connected to 4 and 4a.

If I had to guess, (which I pretty much did already), I think I have to reconnect my dual red and attach it only to P2. Then do something different to connect the black spliced wire to the sensors.

Thanks for any help!!!
Joe / APP Team  
#15 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 12:42:00 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: dillybob Go to Quoted Post
Help!!!!
I followed this thread and combined it with the wiring instuctions which came with the switch. As a result, I have the switch working, but the other three now are not!

The switch I'm replacing is the first one in line from the power source.

The wires are as follows:
My original dual black: comes from the power source and has a splice in it that connects to the burner sensors on all the burners. It also has a dual connector that I have attached to P1. The other part of the dual connector goes to the next switch.

My original dual red: comes from the power source and also connects to the next witch in line. I have cut that dual and attached the power source to P2, and the other switches to 2.

My single orange is now connected to S2. it goes to the indicator light.

My purple and green are the inner/outer burner elements and are connected to 4 and 4a.

If I had to guess, (which I pretty much did already), I think I have to reconnect my dual red and attach it only to P2. Then do something different to connect the black spliced wire to the sensors.

Thanks for any help!!!

Dillybob,

What is your model and serial number ?

I believe you are correct ,

You will need to re attached the two red wires and install them on the P2 terminal on the new switch, and leave terminal 2 empty.

You lost me with the Black wires in your final statement.

It sounded like you had that connection proper in your first statement.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Did you see this post when you reviewed the forum posts

Wire color or configuration is not "that" important, but location of the wire on the switch terminal or the component that the wire supplies is.

First, install the jumper wire from P1 to S1 terminals on new switch

Red wire(single) on terminal 4 on old switch should be on terminal 2 on new switch and terminates at burner sensor circuit.

Red wire(dual) on terminal 5 on old switch should be on terminal P2 on new switch and will terminate at terminal block and jump over to the next infinite switch.(two directions).

Black wire (single) on terminal 1 of old switch should be on S2 terminal on new switch and terminate at indicator light.

Black wire(dual) on terminal 2 on old switch should be on P1 terminal on new switch(beside jumper wire connection) and terminate at terminal block and jump to the next infinite switch(two directions).

Brown wire terminal 3 on old switch should be on terminal 4 on new switch and terminate at outside burner element terminal on burner.

Yellow wire terminal 6 on old switch should be on terminal 4A on new switch and terminate at inside burner element terminal on burner.

Test burner operation, low and hi settings and re assemble the unit.

I'll get on a wiring diagram, and help you,as best I can as soon as I get a Model and serial number.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...ement.html#ixzz10TuydgLH
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
dillybob  
#16 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 12:58:02 PM(UTC)
dillybob

Hi Joe,
It's a Jennair CVE3400B. It's back together now.
I've got it working. The dual black wire also has a piggyback direct to the sensors on the burner. From your posts, I gathered that I needed to snip that piggyback and attach it to terminal 2. So now terminal 2 on the new switch is wired to the sensors on the burner.
Thanks,
Bob

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Dillybob,

What is your model and serial number ?

I believe you are correct ,

You will need to re attached the two red wires and install them on the P2 terminal on the new switch, and leave terminal 2 empty.

You lost me with the Black wires in your final statement.

It sounded like you had that connection proper in your first statement.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Did you see this post when you reviewed the forum posts

Wire color or configuration is not "that" important, but location of the wire on the switch terminal or the component that the wire supplies is.

First, install the jumper wire from P1 to S1 terminals on new switch

Red wire(single) on terminal 4 on old switch should be on terminal 2 on new switch and terminates at burner sensor circuit.

Red wire(dual) on terminal 5 on old switch should be on terminal P2 on new switch and will terminate at terminal block and jump over to the next infinite switch.(two directions).

Black wire (single) on terminal 1 of old switch should be on S2 terminal on new switch and terminate at indicator light.

Black wire(dual) on terminal 2 on old switch should be on P1 terminal on new switch(beside jumper wire connection) and terminate at terminal block and jump to the next infinite switch(two directions).

Brown wire terminal 3 on old switch should be on terminal 4 on new switch and terminate at outside burner element terminal on burner.

Yellow wire terminal 6 on old switch should be on terminal 4A on new switch and terminate at inside burner element terminal on burner.

Test burner operation, low and hi settings and re assemble the unit.

I'll get on a wiring diagram, and help you,as best I can as soon as I get a Model and serial number.

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...ement.html#ixzz10TuydgLH
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#17 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 1:38:39 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Hi Joe,
It's a Jennair CVE3400B. It's back together now.
I've got it working. The dual black wire also has a piggyback direct to the sensors on the burner. From your posts, I gathered that I needed to snip that piggyback and attach it to terminal 2. So now terminal 2 on the new switch is wired to the sensors on the burner.
Thanks,
Bob

Ok,

Great job.

Glad we were able to help.

:) :) :)
dillybob  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:55:52 AM(UTC)
dillybob

Hi Joe,
Well, I thought I had it right. Now when it's all back together, the switch turns on each element, but always on high. When I wired it, I put the dual red wire (from power supply) on P1 rather than P2, and the black dual (from power supply) on P2 rather than P1. I wonder if I reverse those, will it work?
Another possibility is that on one of my tests, I grounded the switch, and threw the breaker...maybe hurting the switch.
Bob
Joe / APP Team  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:52:34 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Hi Joe,
Well, I thought I had it right. Now when it's all back together, the switch turns on each element, but always on high. When I wired it, I put the dual red wire (from power supply) on P1 rather than P2, and the black dual (from power supply) on P2 rather than P1. I wonder if I reverse those, will it work?
Another possibility is that on one of my tests, I grounded the switch, and threw the breaker...maybe hurting the switch.
Bob

Dillybob,

Yes,

I know you had it wired wrong, but it still should have worked.

And of course, you should re wire it properly.
(you should do that now, I would, so you're set when the new switch arrives).

If you grounded the switch and tripped your breaker, I'm sure you damaged the switch contacts and or the resistor inside the assembly.

Order a new switch.

Part number: AP4008679
Part number: AP4008679

Good Luck,
dillybob  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 12:48:37 PM(UTC)
dillybob

Joe,
I ordered the new switch and it got here already! Wow! Problem persists equally with both switches. When I put the dual red wire from the power supply on P2, and the dual black power supply on P1, I the burner doesn't come on at all. When I reverse those two, I get High only.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply