Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cater  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:50:07 PM(UTC)
cater

Groups: Registered

Recently the right front dual burner like this: (Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Element kit, part number: AP4009116) wouldn't properly heat. Bought a new one but the connections were slightly different. Plugged it in but when turned the switch on, only the inner portion heated. Switched the wires and only the outer section would heat. Is my problem that the connections are not duplicate of the original OR do I have a bad switch OR is it something else that am not seeing?? Thanks a bunch.

Cater
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:30:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Cater,

The cause of problem you described can be a bad heating element as well as a bad switches for this burner. In order to avoid unnecessary cost of repair it had to be diagnosed before ordering any parts. At this time the cause of the problem is more likely a bad infinite switch or a bad rocker selector switch under the dual burner knob. You can test them for continuity according to the wiring diagram.

- The infinite switch Part number: AP4096294
Part number: AP4096294

If you need the correct part number for the rocker switch, post the color of it.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG MER6772BAW Freestanding - Double Oven - Electric | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.