Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nuuch  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2007 11:01:13 AM(UTC)
nuuch

Groups: Registered

After I shut off water to make another household repair the water to fridge was off for a day too. After returning the water supply the ice maker does not work. The water in the door works fine. I unplugged fridge for a while, checked supply tube to tray for blockage, checked water valve ops (OK), rotating tray arms seem to work. (They in different spot than before)
I checked the water valve by switching the flat plugs around and pressing the water paddle in the door. Water everywhere on floor.

Problem seems to be no water filling tray. I'm not hearing the fill valves operate like I used too. Why would shutting off the water cause a problem?

Thanks, Nuuch :(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2007 10:33:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nuuch Go to Quoted Post
I checked the water valve by switching the flat plugs around and pressing the water paddle in the door. Water everywhere on floor.

Hi nuuch

Looks like the problem is a broken plastic tube for the ice maker water line. Pull the fridge out of the wall and check the plastic tube (1/4 " diameter) on the back.

Good luck.
Gene.
nuuch  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2007 5:36:44 AM(UTC)
nuuch

Groups: Registered

Gene,

Thanks for for the reply but I think there was a miscommunication. When I said the water went on the floor that was because I had disconnected the water tube for the ice maker at the valve and had someone push the water paddle in the door to energize the plug. :D

So the ice maker has sat all night, no ice. The tray filled with a little water but that's it. Should the ice ejecting fingers be in the middle of the tray surrounded by ice? I thought they stayed out, then rotated the ice out of the tray when needed. :eek:
Gene  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2007 9:39:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi nuuch

Yes, looks like it was a miscommunication.
According to your last post, most likely the problem is the ice maker itself. The ice cube ejector should rest at two o'clock position, not in the middle of the tray. in such situation I would replace the ice maker.

- The part number for the new ice maker AP3777826

Good luck.
Gene.