Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrshish  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:32:35 PM(UTC)
mrshish

Groups: Registered

I have a grill built into my Thermador cooktop. Lately it's been having some problems lighting. Originally I was thinking it was the glow plug since I've replaced that in the past so I pulled it apart to look. When I turned it on the glow plug lights up and if I hold some paper by it there is enough heat to start it on fire. I can hear the gas kick on and after a short period of time and I can smell the gas but it's not burning. If I take a light to the gas burner it will light but only on the top holes where the burner bends. Sometimes even after I manually light it, it goes out.

I'm a little stumped. It seems the problem is not enough gas so I'm wondering if it's a value issue even though gas if flowing. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.