Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bud29  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2008 4:38:18 PM(UTC)
Bud29

Groups: Registered

The ignitor for the oven and broiler is not working on our Whirlpool freestanding range. The ignitors are working on the stove top burners.

Logic, not true troubleshooting, tells me that the problem is a failure of the spark module. The same board appears to control the spark to all of the ignitors. The output to the broiler and oven are not fluctuating voltage like the stove top ignitors.

I would appreciate some experienced opions before I jump out there and order a spark module.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

swish1014  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 5:06:13 AM(UTC)
swish1014

Groups: Registered

I had the same ignition issue with my Whirlpool gas oven. While the oven would start, the broiler inside the oven would not. I hada repairman out 3 times to fix it. The last one told me that it was something of a design defect in this type of spark starter. He said that the repairs can get rather expensive and may not work since it's really inherent in the design. I don't use the broiler much, but I'm thinking about replacing the oven in the near future. Am curious to see if any others have this same problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply