Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
deny_kasa  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2010 12:42:15 PM(UTC)
deny_kasa

Groups: Registered

Please HELP! Does anybody knows how to peplace a door hinge on GE oven? Thank You!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

hil357  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 1:03:58 PM(UTC)
hil357

Did you ever figure this out? I'm in the same boat with a GE oven--bottom is a burner in mine so I can't access the spring underneath but if you have a storage drawer you may be able to pull it out, and release the spring from underneath (this is from what I've read, not experience).

Let me know what you found. Thanks!
deny_kasa  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2010 2:37:21 AM(UTC)
deny_kasa

Well...it happened that I did't have to raplace it. There was a little lock on the hinge that was in the wrong possition and it was on the way of getting the hinge back in the slot(connecting the door with the oven). I found that out on an accident. When you open the door check if you have a little metal part on the hinges that can move up and down. If you do, when you lift it up that releases the hinges from the main body and when you lift the door a little and pull it out from it. To take the hinge out of the door you need to take it appart ( the door). At least my oven is like that. I hope that was helpfull ! I never got any replys on my question but i figured it out anyways! Take care!
hil357  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:33:18 AM(UTC)
hil357

Thanks for the response.

Well unfortunately, my hinges don't have the locks - I ended up unscrewing the side panel and getting inside to get the hinge/support rivet out. My new parts have been ordered so just hoping I can get it back together ok!! Thanks!
deny_kasa  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:35:07 AM(UTC)
deny_kasa

Originally Posted by: hil357 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the response.

Well unfortunately, my hinges don't have the locks - I ended up unscrewing the side panel and getting inside to get the hinge/support rivet out. My new parts have been ordered so just hoping I can get it back together ok!! Thanks!

You are Welcome! Good luck!:)