Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sally  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2007 10:34:59 AM(UTC)
sally

Groups: Registered

Water from our dispenser is coming out warm, all the time, even when we run the water for several minutes to flush it out. This started happening when our filter needed replacing. We didn't have any on hand, so we put in the bypass plug. At that point, the water was warm. I thought it was because of the filter plug. When the new filters arrived, however, changing out the plug didn't fix the warm water problem. I even tried another filter a short time thereafter in case I had a bum filter. But the water is still warm. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2007 10:38:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi sally

The water tank for the water dispenser is located on the bottom in the fresh food compartment. It could be two things: water was in the tank not long enough to cool down or water somehow bypassed the water tank and goes straight from the outside water line (I do not know how it could happen).
Also to better help you we need the complete model number of your fridge.

Gene.
sally  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2007 8:08:00 AM(UTC)
sally

Groups: Registered

Gene -thanks for your reply. The model # is PSH23PGRA (GE profile Arctica). My guess would be that somehow the water is bypassing the reservoir as the water is never ever cold anymore. The refrigerator is cold, and the fresh food compartments are cold, and the freezer is working just fine. The only problem is the warm water from the dispenser. One thing I did try was increasing the refrigerator temperature a little as I was wondering if perhaps the water reservoir might be frozen. I previously had the temperature set at 34 degrees and I increased it to 37 degrees. However; that was 4 days ago, and we are still getting warm water.

Sally
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply