Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Geno  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:49:31 PM(UTC)
Geno

Groups: Registered

Hello All,
I would hate to junk this great looking stove, so am replacing the three stovetop burners. I couldn't find replacement elements so purchased new modern elements and new socket plugins to take the element connections.
The advice I need would be concerning the connections. The old elements had two loops running through it, so there are two hot wires and one neutral. Whereas the new element is designed with one loop. How do I wire it with the extra wire involved? The control knob for the individual burners has three settings high medium low. The high setting put power through to both loops
of the element while low turned off one of the loops. Do I just wire up one of the hot wires and live with just a high setting or.....any ideas out there?

thanks you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.