Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Keith Swindle  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 11:54:37 AM(UTC)
Keith Swindle

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/5/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1

I received a replacement magnetron from your company yesterday. After installation, I used the unit twice with no issues. Today, I powered it up and after a few moments I began to smell an electrical (burning) odor. It appears to be coming from the area of the magnetron. In addition, it's not heating again. What do I do next?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 1:11:39 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Rank: Administration

Groups:
Joined: 7/18/2007(UTC)
Posts: 799

Keith,

I'm going to go ahead and include my email response here. One thing I forgot to ask you - did you hear any loud popping sound when the microwave stopped heating? If you did, the rectifier (diode) is bad. Otherwise, read on:

Usually, when there is a strong electrical burnt odor coming from inside the microwave (inside the control panel to be more precise) it indicates that the high voltage transformer is bad. Depending on how long the transformer coil has been on and burning you may or may not visually see the damage on the coil.
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
Magnetron issues? (Microwave Repair)
by kauf974 2/19/2012 7:41:50 AM(UTC)
Magnetron issue 2M246 050GF (Microwave Repair)
by Firefighter930AJ 12/2/2008 6:45:53 PM(UTC)
GE PROFILE No Heat-Magnetron issue??? (Microwave Repair)
by cbudka 8/12/2008 1:46:28 PM(UTC)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.