Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wildwill  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 4:12:50 AM(UTC)
wildwill

Groups: Registered

Unit just hums & does not compress. Ensure mechanism not jammed by turning gear by hand. Check continuity of centrifugal switch (should be closed with unit off) which is a white plastic sitting at top of motor. If relay is open, simple electrical relay cleaner should restore the contacts.
Jessica881206  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 12:35:53 AM(UTC)
Jessica881206

Originally Posted by: Russellcdodd Go to Quoted Post
When i try ro run my compactor, it just hums. Twice, I have taken the outside shell off the compactor, taped the switches, and the compactor ran fine. I put the shell back on and for several weeks it continued to run fine. Then all the sudden it just hums again. I have confirmed there is nothing stuck around he ram.

I know little about your problems, however, I recommend you to refer to ManualBirds - Download Free PDF Manuals & Guides Online, which is a free site for thousands of PDF manuals, guides and handbooks, hope Manualbirds can do you a great favor!
ZiptheDoc  
#23 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 5:15:24 AM(UTC)
ZiptheDoc

Greetings all, this issue, which can be fixed with a new motor, is actually a problem with the motor end switch. This switch is used in the start winding circuit for both up and down. If the switch fails in the open position then the motor will not start and it will hum as only the run winding is energized. Removing the top end bell of the motor will expose the end switch and you will see it is burned or black. It can be removed and cleaned, check that it measures closed, about .3 ohms, before you reinstall it. Re check the connection again before testing the compactor. I have not been able to find a replacement end switch as of this posting as I feel that the cost of a motor is a bit much for a bad end switch I will keep looking
Regards Doc'
Lyndajames  
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:22:58 AM(UTC)
Lyndajames

United States

I agree with all the above comments.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply