Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ibnfe  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2010 4:00:29 PM(UTC)
ibnfe

Groups: Registered

OK, I'm not a scientist or anything, but I'm not the guy in the dunce hat all the time either and this has me stumped. After using daily for about a year, my AC sat for about 6 months, decided to install it in the garage, and poof! It doesn't work. No lights at the control panel or anything. So I check the power cable, good. Pull the control panel off and I'm getting power to the control panel, compressor relay on the control panel and the capacitor, but nothing works, so I replace the control panel. Still broke. Hmmm. Now what? I checked it all again, same thing. Put the original control panel back in, same thing. Good voltage to control panel and capacitor, power on all three low/medium/high fan wires, power into the compressor relay on the control panel, power coming out of both sides (fan and herm) of the capacitor, but no lights on the panel, no compressor running, no fan running, and I can't run the built in diagnostic test function either. Thought it might be a ground issue, but can't find any problems with the grounds anywhere. Thoughts on where I should go next? I'm leaning towards the capacitor, but it's about $40.00 and don't want to replace a good part. Don't know if the capacitor would keep the lights on the control panel from working anyway, but I can't for the life of me find a ground for the control panel anywhere, so it must be getting a ground through the fan? It's like there is no power coming in to the unit at all, but the meter doesn't lie. I'm hoping one of ya'll professionals can help me out.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.