Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Not Baking  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2007 2:11:35 PM(UTC)
Not Baking

Groups: Registered

Thank you for helping me fix my oven.

Now my GE side by side will not dispense water. The ice maker works just fine and I have tried all the trouble shooting tips in the GE Manual and even put in the filter bypass plug. I have removed the grill at the bottom and the line is flexible but suspect it may be frozen inside the door, is that correct? I have read all your Blogs on this and cannot figure out what to try next.

Two weeks ago the refrigerator started making an annoying vibrating sound so I jiggled it around and it stopped and it seemed to happen when I used the water so stopped using it for a while and now it will not work at all. This may be totally unrelated. I tried holding the water dispenser on for 3 minutes also in case air in the tube was the problem.

I appreciate your helpful site. GE repair visits are expensive! Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tuffy007  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2007 5:03:19 AM(UTC)
tuffy007

Did you get your water dispenser to work and if so what was the problem? Mine started doing the same thing you described!
Not Baking  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2007 6:14:18 AM(UTC)
Not Baking

No, I have had no luck. Doing some research online I found out that the water line is behind the crisper so I used the hot hair dryer on that line hoping that it was frozen but still no water!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2007 2:41:28 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Assuming the dispenser control panel is not locked out, locate the water dispenser coil on the water inlet valve and check it for continuity. Replace the water inlet valve if the coil is open.

Remove the plug from this coil and check for 120V when the dispenser calls for water.

Replace the main control board if there is no power to the coil.

- The part number for the water inlet valve AP3192626

- The part number for the main control board AP3950129

Gene.
bobby434  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2007 3:37:27 PM(UTC)
bobby434

i have the same issue! I've found a blue connector tube under the refrigerator connecting the tube... I separated the tube. When I pushed the dispenser water shot out. Is there another valve or something INSIDE the freezer door? AND I ran a small wire into the exit point and found a stopping point about 4 inches in. Didn't push hard b/c it could've been something I didn't want a hole in! And ideas?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2007 9:22:40 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
In order to provide the most accurate advise I need the complete model number of the fridge.

Gene.