Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brown4repair  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:16:14 AM(UTC)
Brown4repair

Groups: Registered

Hi,I owned a MZD2766GEW forapprox. 5 years and just hooked up the ice maker. Tested the connections by running water through the dispenser for 10 min+.No leaks,but a lot of noise.When I turned on the tce maker switch(block),ice formed,but the unit leaked under the icemaker compartment after returning back to water dispenser.What happened and how to fix? Thanks for your help.

brown4repair
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 1:41:39 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Huh, are you saying the icemaker filled with water when you pushed the water dispenser switch!!??
rstbr493  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2007 2:27:23 PM(UTC)
rstbr493

i have the same one, also had the same problem. found that it came to much humidity in the kitchen, also the rotator assembly of the ice maker had frozen particles that would block the rotator from a full spin. making the arm think it was done, to restart. restart means letting water back in the filling tray for ice to begin to freeze. i never could get the problem corrected so i unhooked the water line.
:confused:
JRD22  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:29:46 PM(UTC)
JRD22

I have chased the same problem starting with water fill setting, and new ice maker. The problem is that the seal in the ice maker solenoid valve failed. There is a single water feed to the door water and ice maker solenoids so when the door water is used water is allowed to flow to the ice maker at the same time. You can verify this by opening the door, holding the interior light switch, activating the door water and watching for water flow. Hope this helps.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply