Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TFlight  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:20:06 PM(UTC)
TFlight

Groups: Registered

Today the dishwasher got stuck in on a cycle showing 78 on the indicator with the motor sound (loud hum) comming from the machine. Could it be that the main motor has gone and needs to be replaced or is there some thing stuck. Problem was discovered after wife returned home after being away for about 3 hrs. Attempted multiple restarts cleaned all available filters and problem remained. Any help as to where to start diagnostics would be helpful. Also very little water remained in the bottom of the dishwasher which inidicated that it had finished its wash cycle.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kawfeeman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:37:56 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

any water inside during the loud humm ???
TFlight  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 2:50:56 PM(UTC)
TFlight

Very little water in the bottom of the unit. Also bench tested the drain motor and it checks out 4.0. I am now looking at the the 10 micro farad starter capcitor for the motor as being the culprit.
kawfeeman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 8:06:52 PM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

check circ pump motor as well...
TFlight  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2007 2:11:13 PM(UTC)
TFlight

Received Part from appliance parts pros, yes I might as well give them a plug they did give me the part in one day's time ordered it on Thursday arrived on Friday. Replaced the Capacitor ran the unit after turning the unit back right side up. Bosch did make it easy for disassembly and reassembly of the unit I must say. Worked the unit again after 1 false start the unit performed 1 full cylce without dishes then again 1 full cycle with dishes and seems to be working OK. I checked the cap with an OHM meeter and it seems week. It does not deflect fully as one would expect but also it does not show a full 0 reading. Maybe a bad cap or the dishwasher just liked being upside down for two days.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply