Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jpozef  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:14:15 AM(UTC)
jpozef

Groups: Registered

Recently my washer started leaking so I took it apart and replaced the agitator drive bell and seals (in a whole kit that I bought). I also replaced the v-belt and the water pump. After putting everything back together, the washer starts and washes normally, however when it gets to the spin part of the cycle, the motor starts and stops after a few seconds and there is a strong smell of the motor overheating. Can anyone offer any advice as to how to solve this problem or what the problem may be? (If the spin cycle is initiated with out a load or water for example just setting the washer to spin, then the motor runs constantly, but still is overheating, though not as much).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2011 5:13:44 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well the most likely thing is that something is hung up from when you put it back together, so check it out. You may have the partially disassemble it.

If that is ok, the problem can be in the brake or the transmission, more likely the brake is hanging up to some degree.
access13955  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:08:33 AM(UTC)
access13955

Groups: Registered

Spin cycle, the motor spins in opposite position from wash cycle :confused: . the pump needs to prime (during the motor start up the break slow down the inside tub from spin up right away). the basket should not spin up right away since too much water still in the tub. The smell you sense was the water spilled out from the tub on to the motor. this action caused shorted in the motor to triped the thermal switch to stop the motor. after 30 seconds the thermal switch reset then the motor run again. then water spilled on to the motor...... I think the bell tension may cause this action. :) :) :)
#4 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2024 10:58:02 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Overheating