Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2024 5:38:21 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

I have an ongoing issue with a (now) five year old Kitchenaid refrigerator that has been occurring for the past few years (Model #KRMF706EBS01).

Intermittently, the door ajar alarm will become active with all doors closed, and then will eventually clear on its own. A diagnostic on the fridge indicates the door open signal coming from the RH fridge door, either pantry door, or freezer door. So basically this rules out the left hand refrigerator door only.

To date, I have done some repair/parts replacing in an effort to see if this helps. Nothing has worked. I've replaced the LED Aurora board, disconnected and inspected the deli board wiring harness, cleaned and inspected the door seals, re-levelled the fridge, tested all switches for continuity (they appear fine). The fridge is not overfilled and everything else seems normal. I've been through every bit of advice or suggestion out there so far.

Oddly enough, the issue seems to resolve itself entirely during the Winter months (located in Canada), and resume during warmer/more humid summer months. It might be unrelated, but it appears to constantly occur in the manner since the problem started. I'm desperate enough that I've started considering a shorted circuit as a result of humidity in the air or in the unit itself.

My most recent effort has been to swap out some door switches with new ones. Again, I'm not confident this will work as they all test fine currently, but I figured worth a shot.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.