Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cascodo  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2024 9:26:01 PM(UTC)
cascodo

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello everyone

I'm new here. Got a grss2652af1 Frigidaire Gallery about 15 months ago. No longer under warranty. A few days ago I noticed that the water dispenser drip tray was wet. Apparently that leak is short-circuiting the touch panel, resulting in fateful error code Er CE.

I removed the panel and found that water is not in the dispenser valve or hoses. Water comes from a vertical duct located on top of the panel. The duct seems to be intended for the cables. I believe that air condensation in that duct is producing the dripping.

I am new to fridge repair, but I guess if I seal the bottom part of that duct, humidity will still condensate if the duct is open somewhere else, right?

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WilliamM/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2024 8:35:47 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Cascodo, if the water dispenser tube is not going through the channel where the water is leaking, there is an insulation failure in the door and the door 5304527004 would need to be replaced. However, if the leak is occurring in the same channel where the dispenser tube is, it would be likely that the dispenser tube 218976438 has a leak and it would need to be replaced.
cascodo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2024 7:24:34 PM(UTC)
cascodo

United States

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the dispenser tube and looks fine.

Now I managed to remove the the dispenser assembly, so the dispenser cavity back wall is fully accessible. I covered the ice maker chute hole with a thick piece of insulating foam and waited.

Condensation is still forming in the whole back wall of the dispenser cavity, especially in the top part.

Can I use a heater kit to reduce condensation? Is it usual that insulation fails in just over 1 year?

Thanks again!!!
WilliamM/APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2024 6:20:24 AM(UTC)
WilliamM/APP Team

Groups: Moderators, APP Team, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
There is a heater built into the door which, if the condensation is occurring on the entire dispenser housing section, has failed and there may be an insulation failure (less likely with the new information). Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not list the heater as being an available part due to it being inside the door. While it does occur, it is a very uncommon failure for the door to have an insulation issue in such a short time. However, while it may be possible to rewire a dispenser heater, the manufacturer's recommendation would be to replace the door.
cascodo  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2024 9:26:57 AM(UTC)
cascodo

United States

Got it! It makes sense. Thank you so much for your help!!!

I'll try to get some power from the cables in the compartment and retrofit a heating element.