Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ess  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 11:28:48 AM(UTC)
ess

Groups: Registered

I'm having a DCS RD 305 stove installed by a competent (gas, etc.) plumber.
Ran into two problems:
1) Turning on the Broiler or Oven lights up the Broiler element (looks like a halogen bulb) and the oven element at the bottom. However, the plumber says there's no gas flow to either unit.
2) Three of four burners work as expected. Front right does not go "click click click" and does not light up; a workaround is to light rear right and then turn on front right for it but I'd prefer each burner operate independent of the other.

Could someone help me understand what I'd need to do for each of the above problems, please?
What parts do I need? my plumber is ready to install them...

Background information

We opened up the back panel and found a rectangular box with gas inlet at top, two (gas) outlets at the bottom, and about six electrical contacts/lines.
Plumber says his experience is the rectangular box needs to be replaced.
Sticker at back of the box has three lines:
9638 6035J
NC-4175-S

Looking at parts diagram doesn't tell me what this rectangular box maps to, what parts I need to order, etc.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.