Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jonnybravo_14  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:10:41 PM(UTC)
jonnybravo_14

Groups: Registered

Having a problem with a Maytag Epic Z front load washer. It powers on and lets you choose a cycle, then when you press start, it locks the door, spins the drum once, turns on the Wash LED, displays an Estimated Time Remaining value and starts counting down. No water comes in, and after a minute or so it powers off. Sometimes if it doesn't die within the first minute or so, it unlocks and locks the door a few times, then pauses and finally shuts off. No error codes, and when I run the manual diagnostic, it has no cached older codes. This started in the middle of a cycle and it simply shut off mid way through a Whites cycle (first time I ever used the whites cycle). It let me spin the clothes dry and it drains normally.

I checked the lines, and the inlet valve solenoids tested as expected, as per the service manual. I then checked the pressure switch. The manual indicates that it should show no resistance between four sets of pins when the diaphragm is activated by blowing into the hose inlet, but infinite resistance when it isn't. Three of the four pairs tested this way, but the fourth pair gave the opposite result -- switch is open when diaphragm isn't activated and closed when it is. This was between pins 4 and 6 on the pressure switch, for the Empty water level setting. Does this mean I have a bad pressure switch?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.