Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dnl221  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 10:43:06 AM(UTC)
Dnl221

Groups: Registered

Hello~
The microwave oven heating feature has stopped working. Everything else is fine: the convection oven, fan, light, display board, etc. It sounds like it's working but it doesn't heat.

The service company that attempted to repair it thought it was the magnetron or thermostat. Parts were ordered and tested but still not heating. Reordered magnetron in case it was a bad part, still not heating. The capacitor, diode, thermostat and all six switches work. Possibly the control board but not certain as they don't have a plug in diagnostic tool that specifically says this.

I've seen a range of prices for this part from $74-$250. Not sure if it's worth it. Any ideas on other possible problems would be greatly appreciated? Is this something we could fix ourselves given neither I or my husband work on appliances :)?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2024 3:18:49 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Did you hear anything from anyone? Mine is doing the same thing. Did you check you door switches? There is 3 of them but be careful becuase the middle switch is opposite of the top and bottom switch. Middle switch is shorted and open when you close the door the other two are opposite. I found a bad switch in mine the top one but it still didn’t fix the problem.
#3 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2024 3:20:14 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Did you hear anything from anyone? Mine is doing the same thing. Did you check you door switches? There is 3 of them but be careful becuase the middle switch is opposite of the top and bottom switch. Middle switch is shorted and open when you close the door the other two are opposite. I found a bad switch in mine the top one but it still didn’t fix the problem.