Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PandaTaco  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2024 10:04:34 AM(UTC)
PandaTaco

Groups: Registered
Puerto Rico

GE side by side fridge (model DSE26JSEBCSS) just shut down completely and wont turn back on. Checked the main control board on the rear and there doesn't seem to be any visual damage. I actually got a replacement board and same thing happens so its not probably that. I am getting 120V AC to the main board, tested with a multimeter between J11 and orange cable on J7.

As soon as I unplug the J4 plug which is the one that goes to the dispenser board in the front, the fridge starts and cools normally, even the icemaker makes ice. Except I got no interior lights, no water or ice dispenser, and no temp controls.

I'm thinking its a bad front touch panel, but wanted to see if it could be anything more or something else. I also don't see anything visually wrong on the dispenser board except maybe a little rust on the buttons.

*Also forgot to test the pins 2 and 3 on J4 with the plug disconnected to see if I have 12-13V DC. Will test that later today
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.