Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
builder14  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 6:16:13 AM(UTC)
builder14

Groups: Registered

you have been most helpful in making me understand the workings. the temperatures seem to be ok, but it might be a little warmer than usual. if the defrost cycle were stuck on, the frozen foods would not be frozen anymore, but they are. the compressor seems to be cycling properly, ice being made, etc. it is just the evap fan stuck on. i really do not wish to buy an entire control board to repair this. is it ok to just let it run and not fix it? i have a/c motors in my pellet stove, and one that circulates the warm air into the room from the exchanger runs the whole time the stove is on, for many years. thanks, Michael from Precision Remodelers
v2k04  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 7:11:27 AM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

It's like I said early on you might be chasing after something that isn't broke Worry about it when it stops cooling.
builder14  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 9:51:49 AM(UTC)
builder14

thank you. i will do that. i can't imagine the fan uses much powera anyway. it is just annoying to have trouble with such a new and supposedly high quality piece. how about Bosch 5800U (i think that is the model) five year old dishwasher not completing its cycle, showing 1 minute left, stays that way indefinately, washing and washing, not rinsing out the soap until i shut it down, and restart it. then it goes to 13 minutes and completes, all the way to "CL" and stops.
ehsan  
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2023 8:42:14 PM(UTC)
ehsan

Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

I have the same problem with a GE Profile top-freezer fridge. I replaced the fan after it started a lot noise. (Later I discovered that lubricating the shaft and checking the grommet would have sufficed). The original fan in the breakout diagram on the GE site doesn't have a sensor. The new one does. After replacing it keeps running non-stop. Previously it used to turn off regularly. I am curious to know what happened in your case? Did you manage to solve the problem?