Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe / APP Team  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 2:54:20 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: our12 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Joe,
I have a similar problem removing my ice/water dispenser faceplate on my kitchenaid-ksrs27qfbl00. I have removed the stainless door and faceplate trim securing the black glass panels but I am unable to create any movement of the faceplate with a screwdriver and putty knife. It feels like there are fasteners from the inside of the door. Can you help?

Our12, We rechecked and verified the procedure. Once you remove the outer decorator panels, Look at the bottom edge of the facade/panel there should be two(2) slots molded into the facade, place a larger flat blade screwdriver tip into the slot and pull out on the bottom of the facade. It will sound nasty/bad, and you may need to pull out as much as a 1/2 inch. Then use a putty knife, or carefully work your way up the sides to the top. Once at the top push up carefully, to release the locking tabs and release the retainers across the top of the dispenser housing. Disconnect the wiring harness then remove the dispenser switch bracket and you'll have access to the chute door flapper, pivot arms and switches. Just make sure you remove power to the refrigerator first. It may take a little "persuasion".
#12 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2023 12:51:29 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The removal tips worked for my face plate removal... thanks
#13 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 12:45:55 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Trying to remove ice water plate on freezer for Kitchenaid Superba frig KSFS25FKBL00. Bottom has slot on each side have slid screwdrivers and pried but afraid to use too much pressure as I don’t want to break plastic. Any suggestions? Thanks
#14 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 1:05:21 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Trying to remove ice water plate on freezer for Kitchenaid Superba frig KSFS25FKBL00. Bottom has slot on each side have slid screwdrivers and pried but afraid to use too much pressure as I don’t want to break plastic. Any suggestions? Thanks