Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CFletcher  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2015 9:15:15 AM(UTC)
CFletcher

Groups: Registered

I have a three year old Thermador SGSX365FS/03 Masterpiece gas cook top that I will have to replace the spark re-ignighter module and harness to the control knob LEDs. I can remove the glass knob panel to get to the individual knob controllers but can't reach the spark module or gas simmer controller. it looks like all the star burners might have to be removed to open up the top but the hex fittings on all the burners don't seem to budge. Any advice ?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

masterdoc  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:12:23 AM(UTC)
masterdoc

Yes shut off gas supply and disconnect electric cord. Now do not cook on it until you fix everything. Then after removing star burner covers, put penetrating oil at outer margin of all the center brass (venturi nozzle) nuts (5 in total) and leave in for 1-2 days. All 5 have to be removed with appropriate sized socket and wrench. Then just lift the whole pan and support it on both sides to access for work on the inside. There are no much parts inside except gas simmer controller, spark module, wire harness, gas tubes, etc. Make sure you check for good tightness of the green ground wires. Also wipe to dry any remnants of penetrating oil you used before tightening back the brass nozzles. There have been hundreds of complaints about Thermador cooktops. Poor quality. Good luck:)
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2023 4:13:31 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thujjy