Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
whatkilledmylg  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2022 7:26:37 PM(UTC)
whatkilledmylg

Groups: Registered
United States

Lg RFRIDGE LFC25760B FRENCH DOOR BOTTOM FREZER.

REWARD (IF permitted) $25 paypal, venmo, check or local cash! No bs but if you point me to what ends up fixing it... (even if It's confirmed and I don't fix it, I will still honor it) I need to fix, but if determined it's not worth fixing...I still will honor it. I just want to know either way so I learn and perhaps can help the community out down the road from my experience.

*THE PROBLEM - noticed ice-cream was lumpy milk and fridge was warmer than should have been.

-Wall outlet issue voltage drops at times to only give 10-15vac. REPAIRED outlet 118v all day long.
-Reset unit for codes. No codes OTHER than 222 and 333 on respective s/w test 2 and test 3
-Compressor SEEMS ok. turns on, as normal a bit louder noise till pressurized then quiet hum / vibration, no bearing noise/ metal to metal contact or gurgling. though very quiet when running hum with very little vibration.
-compressor relay is NOT clicking excessive, but I don't stand by it for seven hours, and compressor turns on / off.

WHAT I HAVE DONE- Figured I would pop a new PCB board in given electrical issues and a new evap fan was a bit restrictive but would spin so new board and evap fan. Dethaw sensor was slow to respond so new dethaw sensor with fuse.

-dethaw heater has continuity. Condenser coil does not ever seem to freeze over and generally has a bit of frost on coil toward outer edges of cooling fins but never any frost on condenser coil in the center section where the fan moves air past it

Test mode again on test 2 and 3 showed 222 and 333 - best I can tell that's normal???

*Compressor coil fan seems to be working as well. Coils are clean. All temperature related sensors have good connection at PCB board. Not sure dampener is working well but I can't see that causing both zones to be warm? I could see if stuck open the fridge would be too cold or the reverse if closed. Measuring circulating temperature inside (fridge zone only) sent to my phone looks like this AFTER reset...

9am rest - water start temp 55, airtemp 50
10:30a - air temp 50
10:45a - air temp 48
11:15a - air temp 46
12:15p 45
3p 45
3p 43
4p 41
5:30p 39
7:30p 39
8:45p 37
9p 39 compressor off/very warm
9:20p 45 compressor on / warm
9:30p 43
11p 39
11:30p 37
doors on fridge were never opened for temp readings

Freezer shows ice starting in ice cubes after put in at 9am, case of water in freezer is cold at about 38 degrees but its a full case of 16oz bottles packed together. Ice has NOT formed solid in past 24 hours.

**UPDATE fridge seems to hold temp between 39-36 degrees now for the past 24 hours but not freezer**

all user door seals, and all door open/close sensors are good.

If you know what this is or very likely is etc... I'm serious about reward (if that's allowed) if it fixes the issue or at least tells me to give up it is too costly given the age.
thanks much

Edited by user Saturday, August 20, 2022 6:17:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: new info

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.