Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
b77  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2022 3:56:20 PM(UTC)
b77

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi, some months ago my washing machine would finish a cycle and a few minutes after being all done something would turn back on and there'd be clicking/clanking sounds. To prevent this I'd keep the washer unplugged during loads. The wash itself seemed to work fine. Eventually the washer wouldn't turn on anymore.

I presumed it was the main control board that's behind the buttons and knobs and replaced it. The replaced control board wouldn't light up anything on "normal" and "permanent press" and some other wash cycles. Some cycles lit up. No cycle would allow me to start a wash. I never checked these other settings with the old control board which I just left in the "normal" or "permanent press" mode.

I called an appliance repair company. The tech was convinced the new control board I'd purchased was bad and that the issue I'm experiencing is indeed due to a bad control board. So I returned the one I'd bought and bought the second one here. The very same problem persists with the now twice replaced control board. The same functions do and don't light up and the washer won't turn on regardless of the wash choice that has been selected.

What is the problem, and how do I fix this? Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.