Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
corvairbob  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 4:15:48 PM(UTC)
corvairbob

Groups: Registered

ok i have this machine model 79640518900 sn 102kwqw00116 i have not yet seen this in person it is my girls machine but she told me when she washes a warm wash she hears a buzzing like water hammer. i think that may be the hot water valve that is not opening all the way and is closing and opening to cause this or maybe a broken wire or the controller is failing to keep the valve open. she said on cold cold it does not make that noise. so for now i told her to just use cold cold.

now to the other issue is a leak. i have no clue yet as i have not been there to see about where it is located or what cycle it is doing so i can dial in on what might be the issue, but maybe some here can help me dial that in faster by providing the common leak spots.

she did say one time it did not drain and she had to open the door and take the cloths out and then it drained. so for starters i told her to unplug it for half hour or so the see if a power out reset might be why it did that it might of just got out of a cycle. so a reboot may be all that is needed.

then i asked her to try and tell me where she sees the leak, like the front of the machine or the back or the drain hose or even the drain pipe, the hose connections or under the hose as the valve are in that spot also and if the valve is hammering that may be a leak as well.

i also told her if she can't find the leak to let me know the next wash day and i can stop and see if i can locate the leak. this is her statement to me

"I think it has water hammer or something because when it runs warm water it makes a loud jackhammer sound. Recently it leaked from underneath somewhere and another time it wouldn't drain until we took some of the load out."

so can anyone give me a place i might start looking for both the hammer and the leaks? could save me time as these issues just may be some common issues with this model!

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.