Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jimh64  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2022 8:39:17 AM(UTC)
Jimh64

Groups: Registered

Hello!

I have an electric Samsung Range. NE59M4310SS

The clock and oven lights work, but when you turn on the Oven or the Burners, nothing happens. I turned off the Breaker and then Back on again. I have verified voltage is correct with a volt meter. It is also not in Demo Mode.

I don't know why the lights would work but no heat if the voltage is correct. Does anyone have any ideas? I really appreciate the help!

Jim

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ericpie  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2023 6:32:02 AM(UTC)
ericpie

Groups: Registered
United States

I am having the same issue, Samsung Range ne59n6630ss. Did you ever figure out what was wrong?
ThatGuy  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2023 4:30:08 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
You are going to need to be able to take live voltage readings with a test meter, in order to test this range for the problem. If you are comfortable and familiar with doing voltage checks live then you can do this. If not, don't do it.

First check the voltage at the range connection block. You should have 120 volts AC from the left outside connection to neutral and from the right outside connection to neutral.

You should get 240 volts AC from testing the left and right outside terminals. If not you have a supply voltage problem. Cord, wall outlet, or circuit breaker/fuse.

If you have 240 there move on to checking for 240 at the main control board or relay board if your range has one. If you have 240 to the board, the problem is on the board. Burnt traces, bad relays, burnt connections... something is keeping power from getting to the bake/broil/surface elements.

All the heating elements need 240 volts AC to work. The controls and clock only need 120 volts AC to work. I hope this helps you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply