Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nick72  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2022 7:37:51 AM(UTC)
Nick72

Groups: Registered
United States

Refrigerator/freezer won’t get cold enough to freeze. I’ve already cleaned the coils, checked the seal on doors, checked airflow wasn’t blocked. I’ve taken the evaporator coil cover off and visually inspected it. There was a small amount of ice build up which I melted with a hair dryer. I could also see the fan working. Problem.... when I open the fridge door and manually push the button, I can hear something try to kick on but then turn off after a couple seconds. It sounds like a motor. Any ideas what it could be and how to test it? I also hear something kick on and off like normal and can feel cold air blowing inside the freezer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

james78V  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2022 11:51:10 PM(UTC)
james78V

Groups: Registered
United States

Try to start relay or test the compressor, first check the start relay is defective, unplug the freezer and remove the start relay from the compressor. Use a multimeter to test the start relay for continuity between the start and run terminals. If the start relay does not have continuity, or if it smells burnt, replace it.

The start relay provides power to the compressor. If the start relay isn’t working properly, the compressor may run intermittently or may not run at all.

If this does not work than please check the compressor. The compressor circulates the refrigerant through the evaporator and condenser coils. If the compressor is not working, the freezer won’t cool. But before replacing the compressor make sure there are not any commonly defective other parts.

Also, you can check if the compressor is defective or not by using a multimeter to test the continuity between the electrical pins on the side of the compressor. If there is an open circuit, the compressor is likely defective.

If your compressor is not working than get it replace by a technician.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply