Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daved31415  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2022 12:19:46 PM(UTC)
daved31415

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Frigidaire A10797601 dishwasher which was purchase a year and a half ago. Recently I noticed standing water in the dishwasher at the end of its wash cycle. Dishes appeared clean. I started a new cycle and then canceled it to get the dishwasher to pump the standing water out. This works every time but there is standing water in the dishwasher about half the time after the full wash cycle.

If I allow the dishwasher to fill completely and then cancel the cycle, it takes 15-30 seconds to pump all the water out (after 15 seconds most of the water is pumped out but there are still trickles during that last 15 seconds).

I emptied the trap/filter and cleaned them thoroughly. Nothing appeared concerning. I disconnected the drain hose from the garbage disposal and drained into a bucket. Drain timing was consistent with when hooked up to the disposal. On older dishwashers I remember seeing the drain hose move quite a bit when the drain pump turned on. In this case I don't see that. Is this specific to this (or newer) dishwashers, or should I be suspecting the pump and/or a clog closer to the pump inlet/outlet?

When I drain the dishwasher using the method mentioned above, most of the time the drain pump is running there is no water being pushed out of the dishwasher (approximately 90 seconds total). There is still a small amount of water remaining after I take the trap and other components out to reach down under the filters. Is the pump being excessively worn during that last minute of runtime? I've been opening the dishwasher door after the first 30 seconds so the pump doesn't run so long but I'm not sure how to prevent it from continuing to run with the door closed.

I've been trying to "catch" the dishwasher during that last drain of the cycle to see how long the drain pump is running and if anything seems unusual. Any suggestions for how to do this or other ideas on what I should try to look at / do next?

Thanks,

Dave
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.