Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joesmoe517  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 7:03:50 PM(UTC)
Joesmoe517

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Frigidaire PLRU1778ES0 refrigerator. The first symptom was failure to cool below 50F despite being turned to max. I blindly ordered the defrost thermostat since it was cheap, and removed the panel to install. When I did that, I found the coils were frozen over. I manually defrosted the coils, replaced the defrost thermostat, and it began to cool properly again. However, I now notice that a fan starts up, runs about 30 seconds, kicks off for about ten seconds, attempts to start again but stops, attempts to start and stop, and then a third time it starts and runs for another minute or two. It then shuts off for 30 seconds and the process repeats. Over and over. I can still hear the compressor turn on occasionally once every five minutes or so. I’ve seen others ask similar questions and the “defrost board” was the problem, but looking at the parts list for my fridge, this part doesn’t exist. Is it the Controller 216954200 / AP3710488 or Control Kit 5304492453 / AP5802324 ? Or neither?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.