Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
freesteamin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:46:42 PM(UTC)
freesteamin

Groups: Registered

My Bosch diswasher seems to cycle perfectly, dishes clean, normal sounds, normal countdown on display, etc. Timer counts down to 0 on display but circulation pump just keeps running forevever. At cycle end I can hear the drain pump turn on several times and water drains each time it turns on. Then the only sound is the circulation pump running (at least I think its the sound of the circulation pump). When I open the door well after the cycle ends (display at "0"), the machine stops as normal but water is still spurting out of the lower control arm for a second or two. I assume that is a consequence of the circulation pump running and circulating the residual water in the sump. There is about 1" of water left in the sump. The drain line is clear and the backflow flapper looks okay. Same behavior on all modes including drain/cancel. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jdappl07  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2008 7:07:43 PM(UTC)
jdappl07

Groups: Senior Expert

Is the water still dirty or clean? if it is the machine has a aqua sensor that if the water is still dirty the machine can still run until the sensor can see clean water. if it is clean you may have a bad sensor or control board. also has a water temp sensor can also do it if the heater isnt working if it doesnt heat properly the dish will not dry at the end. Therefore, extending the cycle
freesteamin  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2008 6:38:19 AM(UTC)
freesteamin

Thanks for the quick response! The water is definitely clean. I even ran an empty washer on the regular cycle for a couple of minutes to fill it up with clean water then pressed the drain/cancel to end the cycle. Same behavior. If the sensor is bad, wouldn't it cause the machine to try to run more rinse cycles? In my case, nothing appears to happen except the circulation motor runs forever. I can't hear any rinse water being introduced and the drain pump never runs again. The first time this happened we started the machine in the evening and the circulation motor was still running in the morning. When you say a heater fault or temp sensor fault can extend the cycle, could the cycle be extended by 10 hours or more?
freesteamin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 7:47:33 AM(UTC)
freesteamin

Dishwasher now appears to be running correctly! I'm not completely sure which of the many things I did was responsible but, for anyone else having this problem, here's what I did. I turned the circuit breaker off for several hours but that didn't fix it. I then checked the pan for water (none), the float for binding(none), and the float switch for proper operation(all okay). I then took apart the door, pulled out the control module and inspected the two circuit boards. I had read the notes about resoldering of the heater pin. The pin on my board looked good and I had verified that the heater was working but I decided to resolder it anyway. Reassembled everything and, tada, it worked perfectly. My conclusion is that either the heater pin was a cold solder joint and it somehow created the symptoms I had or there was a bad connection from the circuit board to one of the many connectors that plug into it and my disassembly/ reassembly fixed the connection. Small possibility that my fiddling with the float and float switches on the side of the machine might have fixed it but everything was clean as a whistle in that area so I don't think so.
freesteamin  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:42:45 AM(UTC)
freesteamin

An update on my problem. After working perectly for the last few weeks, the same symptoms started again and have persisted for a few days. In another forum, I corresponded with someone who had the same problem. They were told that the clear water sensor might be covered with a film and they should run several cycles with an empty machine but using jet dry to clean the sensor. I filled my jet dry dispenser and adjusted it for maximum dose then ran several quick wash cycles. Seems to be working now. We have been using the all-in-one gel packs over the past six months. I wonder if they are causing some sort of problem? ALternatively I wonder if it will cause any problems if we continue to use the gel packs plus the jet dry?
Gregier007  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2015 4:57:39 AM(UTC)
Gregier007

I did the same. Extra Jet dry, even squirted in bottom of dishwasher and set to highest level for auto of jet dry. Ran three quick wash and then a rinse and hold 3 hours latter. Runs great then shuts off as normal. Tested rinse and hold one mor time this morning. Shut off as normal. Now running a regular wash.:)
keegs  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2022 4:29:52 AM(UTC)
keegs

U.S. Minor Islands

Had what reads like the same issue with my Bosch dishwasher model shu43c07uc/17. Cleaned the pump switch float, no sign of water in the bottom tray, cleaned the sump trap/strainer. I did find a fatty gooey film on the strainer and around the corners of the loading door. I tried a generic jet dry adding it to the dispenser in the door and some directly to the bottom of the tub. Ran a quick wash and voila'. Thanks so much for this... I was almost ready to order an expensive control module.