Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FirewaterSMW  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 4:40:12 AM(UTC)
FirewaterSMW

Groups: Registered

Last night I ran the dishwasher before going to bed. This morning it was off and tripped the breaker. It appears to have a little water in the base and the soap door is open but still has half the packet left. Now every time it starts it trips the breaker. (Breaker is a GFCI). I’ve tried plugging into another breaker and it trips that one.

If I open the door and turn the breaker on it powers up and stays on. I’ve hit cancel. When I close the door it trips the breaker. Doesn’t matter what cycle I select. Trips the breaker even if I select the “delay” option.

Any ideas what to check first?

Edited by user Wednesday, January 26, 2022 10:36:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FirewaterSMW  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 10:45:59 AM(UTC)
FirewaterSMW

Groups: Registered

Just an update.

I pulled out the dishwasher and noticed water dripping from where the heating element connects. It was a very slow drip but was landing on the heating element contacts. I unplugged the heating element and it fired up and ran the draining cycle.

Both plastic nuts where loose. I’m not sure if they were installed too loose or just came free over time. The dishwasher is only just shy of 3 yrs old. Plastic nuts over metal threads……. Just seems like it would be prone to loosen. Maybe the heating element got knocked one day and caused a gap.

Pulled the element and checked the seals. Re assembled every thing and no leaks or tripping.

I ordered a new element since it appears GE updated the design to what appears much better. Figured it’s a $35 insurance policy.
[img]https://imgur.com/a/IDSVMuF[/img]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply