Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mincind  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2022 12:51:48 PM(UTC)
mincind

Groups: Registered
United States

I started with an E64 code (which has been addressed 5 or 6 times in the past 8 years with a new element.)

After installing a new element, I started getting an E65 error. I found the inlet thermal limiter was in fact tripped. I replaced it and the high temp thermostat. Dryer ran 10 minutes before tripping the thermal fuse. Replaced fuse and it did it again.

(And the vent system has never been cleaner - no blockages.)

So....I installed a new control board and same thing again. Arrrrrghh!! $225 more and still no fix.

With nothing else to change, I replaced the element a second time.

I was actually able to dry two loads of clothes and thought issue was solved.

On the third load.....no error codes and load finished, buy clothes were still wet.

Tore the machine apart for an 9th time thinking I would find a blown thermal fuse...but it was fine.

I finally decide to go in diagnostic mode.

If I did not see it, would not believe it. When the inlet thermistor hit only 114 deg F, the dryer stopped for E65. Outlet thermistor reading about 72 degrees. Could the replacement high temp thermostat also be bad?

So I went back to the original one.....and guess what.....was able to see the inlet thermistor hit 225 degrees and no E65. Successfully ran ONE load.....and then same thing. Diagnostic mode show throwing E65 code when inlet thermistor only around 110 deg F.

For S&G, tried to run a load the next morning.....and dryer worked. Successfully ran 3 loads of clothes..........but now the dryer is again not heating. Same thing as seen before, showing E65 in diagnostic mode when inlet thermistor is only at 110 - 114 degrees.

Help!!!! I am ready to lose my mind. None of this makes any sense.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2022 8:19:35 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I kinda need a model number to help.
mincind  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2022 6:28:39 PM(UTC)
mincind

United States

Sorry....Electrolux Model # EIMED60LT3. Purchased 8 years ago.

I replaced the high limit thermostat a second time and continue to have same issues as posted 7 days ago.

mincind  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2022 5:45:51 AM(UTC)
mincind

United States

Update on status and discovery:

After failing to be able to run a load in the dryer last night around 11 PM, I went to bed.

Woke up this morning and tried again, and the dryer heated and operated as expected (all the way to the "Cool Down" and completed load.) Tried a second load....NO HEAT AGAIN.

This is now at least the fourth time where the dryer would not heat, but after allowing to sit overnight, it ran for only one load in the morning prior to no heat on the second attempt.

PLEASE....from a control logic standpoint, what could possibly be causing this? I might think if high limit thermostat tripped at upper setting and then did not "reset" once it dropped the 70 deg F to close circuit to allow power to flow to element again? But this exact same phenomenon has occurred with three different high level thermostats.
mincind  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2022 12:42:45 PM(UTC)
mincind

United States

Well....I think I may have figured out why such issues.

While I no doubt had a bad element and the thermal fuse was tripped, the reason for the recent "work once and then not again" is likely this.

The wires coming off both the thermal fuse and high temp thermostat are identical in color.

In my haste of tearing this thing down no less than 10 times in the past few weeks, I believe I swapped two of the wires.

I have now run four consecutive loads without issue since re-swapping line.

Let that be a lesson learned for all!

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply