Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
maxyang  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2021 6:42:41 AM(UTC)
maxyang

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi I have. a 4 year Samsung RF261BEASESR/AA Rev 06 that frosted over with ice in the vents over thanksgiving.

I unplugged the unit and let it thaw out over a couple of days, popped open the cover of the evaporator assembly and didn't see anything obviously damaged. The evaporator fan seemed to be spinning when I plug into a 12 V battery.

Turned it back on and seemed fine, but I placed a thermometer in the fridge and though it seems to cool down to about 35F when set at 37F it seems like the inside of the refrigerator spends most of its time between 40-47F. Is this normal? Doesn't seem right for it to be that high. The temperature the digital display of the refrigerator reads 37F even when the temperature is 47F.

I thought the temperature sensor must have gone bad so I replaced both the defrost temperature sensor and the cabinet temperature sensor but the warm temperatures still persist.

Any thoughts what may be wrong? or is it normal for the inside temperature of the refrigerator to stay above 40 for hours at a time?

I'm going to replace the defrost heater and defrost thermostat next, but at this point I'm not sure what to do next if that doesn't help?

Thanks
Max
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.