Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dbdata  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2021 9:08:19 AM(UTC)
dbdata

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator that had a compressor replaced several years ago. It developed a leak at a solder joint and stopped cooling. So I re-soldered the tube, replaced the receiver/dryer. Then I pressurized the system with nitrogen by filling the LOW side and after listening for leaks, discharged from the high side. I then vacuumed the system for 30 minutes until the low gauge read -30 and the high gauge read zero.

(both gauges were zeroed with both valves ope so PSIG and PSI/A should be the same?)

All I was able to find was specs for Whirpool Side by Side with Embarco EG series compressor and THOSE specs read that the HIGH side was 95 +/- 20 and the LOW side was 3 to -7 (70 degrees)

I couldn't find any specs on the AMOUNT of R134a for a WRF990SLAM00 (gold series) refrigerator nor could I find any specs for an Embraco VEGZ7H compressor. So I charged by weight and stopped at 15 Oz

After 24 hours my gauges read 160 High & 5 Low -- but the refrigerator stopped at 40 degrees and the freezer at 10 degrees.

Since I left my education on HVAC back about 10 steps and I'm out of my depth now ... can anyone tell me what I may have missed and/or what to do now? (and buying a new LG is not off the table!)

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.