Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mphillips9im  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 8:10:42 AM(UTC)
mphillips9im

Groups: Registered
United States

Whirlpool side by side refrigerator . Model WRS571CIHZOO with Ice maker in door.

I thought this would be simple but I am getting stumped.

No ice. No water in ice maker.

I checked the water filter - and went ahead and installed a new one - no help ( yes - I bled the air out )
Water pressure seems to be very good. I took the main line off and ran it in a bucket and it was strong.
Good pressure at the water dispenser.

Switch is turned on and ice maker "full arm" is OK. Switch is OK at the dispenser container.

I went ahead and bought a new ice maker and installed it. No help.

I have a portable pyrometer and the freezer temp is good at zero.

I checked the water inlet valves with a meter and they all check the same ohms. I put the solenoid connector from the water dispenser on the ice maker water inlet valve and pressed the water dispenser paddle - and water went into the ice maker. This tell me its not the solenoid valve or a frozen line.

I spent a good hour looking for broken wires at the bottom of the door after seeng this problem posted with this model. I cannot find any broken wires,

I checked continuity from the plugs under the refrigerator to the ice maker and they all had continuity.

I inspected the main control board. everything looks OK. I removed all the connectors and put them back on - no help.

Does anyone have any other ideas before I buy a new control board? Any help would be appreciated. I do not know how to check for fault codes on this refrigerator.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.