Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stove-By-The-Beach  
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 6:54:22 AM(UTC)
Stove-By-The-Beach

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm not an EE just a guy that likes to cook (and eat) good food. I love my Thermador too. I've an EE locally who'll I'll co-op into helping me fix this. I had all the pipes under the cook top replaced..It worked then it didn't. I thinking its the simmer controller too. I've got to swap over the potentiometer on my working X-Lo burner to see if that's the issue. I just checked the stove right now and the back X-Lo burner is working right now. I'll continue to futx with it..

Even though this is an old post and I've got an old Thermador, I love getting old stuff working again..

If any one gets anywhere with this it would be cool!
bwilzen  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 5:31:56 PM(UTC)
bwilzen

United States

I have a Thermador SGS30S cooktop with the same issue. After a few minutes of operation, the front left xlo burner would suddenly shut off with a noticeable clunk noise, and the burner would continuously try to reignite without success.

I also noticed while the front left burner was on, there was a noticeable hum / vibration that was not present when using the rear left xlo burner (which has been working without any issues).

So I made an educated guess that it was the front left solenoid valve. I found a used one on eBay for a fairly reasonable price. I installed it, and so far so good! I was able to use the burner for 10 minutes without any issues. The hum/vibration is gone and the burner lights up quickly.

Just thought I’d share my experience since I’ve seen a lot of there threads with similar issues and no resolution.
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 5:23:33 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Would be interested if the original poster or the last poster could update the thread. My thermador pro just started having the same symptoms! I may start hunting for the solenoid and replace that.