Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jessman1128  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 10:43:21 AM(UTC)
jessman1128

Groups: Registered

Hello, I just purchased a used dishwasher off of Craigslist. Full Kenmore model number is 665.15113K214. Shorter model number is 665.1511. The unit is missing the tech sheet, and the previous owner said he can't locate it anywhere.

The unit is reported to receive power (indicated by a control panel light) but will not start when pressing the relevant control panel button. Is it likely to be a bad door switch or latch? If so, any way to test those without the tech sheet info?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 5:17:42 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

I am attaching the tech sheet you requested. Thanks.
File Attachment(s):
W10590887 - Tech Sheet.pdf (965kb) downloaded 29 time(s).
jessman1128  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 11:58:24 AM(UTC)
jessman1128

Jeff, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kendil  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2015 7:45:54 AM(UTC)
kendil

thanks jeff, has been bookmark
UserPostedImage
jessman1128  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 7:07:57 PM(UTC)
jessman1128

Greetings - the dishwasher I referenced in the OP of this thread has been working relatively well for the past six years. Recently, it started acting up in that it stopped drying the dishes, and the front panel buttons would not work consistently. I diagnosed it as a bad control board and ordered a replacement board (part W10804111). Upon removing the old board this evening I discovered the reason why the old board was malfunctioning. The 4-wire power connector had 2 of its wires severed and the connector itself is burnt and melted in multiple places. Wondering if there might be some way to obtain just a replacement connector? It's the one identified as P4 on page 4 of the tech sheet. The various parts sites say they can obtain a replacement wire harness via special order, but that seems like overkill when all I really need is just the connector. If that's not possible, is it generally very difficult to replace the entire harness? I haven't traced all the wires back to their source yet. Basically wondering if it makes sense to put more money into repairing it or just cut our losses and move on to a newer model.
ThatGuy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 9:07:10 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Changing out a wiring harness is a pain. If you could find a used or broken dishwasher you might be able to steal that section of the wiring harness and graft it onto yours.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply