Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FrustratedTX  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 9:27:08 AM(UTC)
FrustratedTX

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi All,

I've got the dreaded inverter linear compressor model that is starting to act up. I really don't think it's my compressor though. It started with noticing when our ice bucket started melting all over the place and not really figuring out why. I now know why...the freezer stops cooling and then (or maybe it just takes longer) the fridge stops cooling. If I pull the power for a minute to reset the control board it will then cool and work for X amount of days (X varies). And during the days it runs at the correct temperatures. When it's not cooling it seems like all the fans are running also but didn't get that detailed since I know now I can get it working by just pulling the power.

So I really don't think it's the compressor, but the control board. My only real question is could there be other things too? At this point, I'd rather spend $200 if I absolutely knew it was the board, but if it could be other items I don't know if I want to go down that rabbit hole with a fridge that I'm waiting for the compressor to fail.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.