Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
etsierka  
#21 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 6:46:33 AM(UTC)
etsierka

Groups: Registered

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but a couple of months ago, I purchased a new printed circuit board (the cost was around $90, I believe). I replaced the old one on the back of the refrigerator with the new one and the light now goes on and off as it should when the door is open and closed. This was the first suggestion that another website gave me and I tried to get someone on this website to verify that this was the problem but everyone kept wanting me to do all these checks that I didn't understand how to perform. Finally, I just took the chance and bought the printed circuit board and easily installed it (took 5 minutes) and the problem was solved. Try it - the worst that can happen is you return the part if that doesn't solve your problem.
magician59  
#22 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 8:26:35 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

You saved a bunch of money by doing the job yourself...well done! We recommend doing the diagnostic checks, and talk you through them, to avoid "throwing parts" at a repair. Yes, some parts are returnable, but very few suppliers will accept an electrical part that has been installed. This is the biggest reason we want to be REALLY CERTAIN, when we recommend replacing an expensive part.
Farmer Dan  
#23 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 7:45:35 AM(UTC)
Farmer Dan

This melted cheese and butter and really heated up the area close to the bulb as well as melted the housing around it. I removed it and went without light for about 2 yrs. Finally decided to troubleshoot it. Plugged it back in, pushed both door switches back and forth many times and watched the light go on and off. Figured the problem was a fluke. Replaced the housing and it melted again! Replaced the control board and the housing again and it's been running great for several days. Cost about $115.
etsierka  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 11:49:41 AM(UTC)
etsierka

Originally Posted by: Farmer Dan Go to Quoted Post
This melted cheese and butter and really heated up the area close to the bulb as well as melted the housing around it. I removed it and went without light for about 2 yrs. Finally decided to troubleshoot it. Plugged it back in, pushed both door switches back and forth many times and watched the light go on and off. Figured the problem was a fluke. Replaced the housing and it melted again! Replaced the control board and the housing again and it's been running great for several days. Cost about $115.

After I fixed my refrigerator by replacing the control board, I was notified of a class action lawsuit against LG. I was able to send in my receipt for the cost of the control board and I was reimbursed. See if you can find something on this online or call the company. Maybe you can get your $115 back.
lfairbanks  
#25 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 6:18:23 PM(UTC)
lfairbanks

Had the same problem, light in our fridge melted the casing and right through a couple plastic food containers. We unplugged it, and the next day trying to fix it, seemed to be working properly again - about a month went by and tonight it happened again - luckily noticed the heat quickly before any more melting.

Found this site first and then the class action site - but too late to take part. However I called the number listed and LG is sending parts and repair person at their cost - the repair is now considered part of a recall, per the rep I spoke with. They claim I'll have the parts this week and a repair scheduled for the following week - they gave me a number to call when I receive the parts to reconfirm the repair time. Fingers crossed they can actually fix it. The number I called was 800-689-7026. I must have filled out the warranty registration because they were able to confirm my info when I gave them the phone number.

From the class action suit page, this has been ongoing for a long time, and LG should have fixed the problems before now - and how would anyone know about this danger without searching online?
#26 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 7:50:48 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I’m having the same problem with my lg . Hoping the next person trying to help actually reads the thread before responding. I have read there is a recall for this issue and maybe a relay on the main computer board.
#27 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 7:51:42 AM(UTC)

United States

I’m having the same problem with my lg . Hoping the next person trying to help actually reads the thread before responding. I have read there is a recall for this issue and maybe a relay on the main computer board.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 4:44:50 PM(UTC)

United States

Same problem with my LG LFC25760TT. Melted housing, replaced once, and called the number was indicated here 800-689-7026, but not pertinent to this any longer....
Freezer drawer not working either....