Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 9:44:42 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
My 5 year old washer sounded like something was in between the tub and the drum, but only during the spin cycle. After unloading i could rotate the drum and hear something moving around, sounding like it was coming from the back, and pouring over to the side. i assume this was the bears were shot, and as it turned a ball bearing was falling over the side (one it makes it to the top- after a few ball bearing have been lost or ground away).

I don't notice any unusual play in the drum, so it doesn't feel like a bearing issue, but keep reading.

i took the tub out, and tried to pry it apart like i've seen other's do on YouTube. Mine appears to have been glued! I ended up splitting the glued joints.

To my dismay, I found the seal looking good, and the bearing doesn't appear to be in bad shape, they spin freely. So i really did not find anything, beside a dirty drum.

now, i must RTV or seal this connection, and hope it doesn't leak, but before i do this, i may as well replace the bearings since I've got the drum out.

I cannot find any info on the replacement bearings.

That said, i need two things, a recommendation on what to use for my gasket material, and i need the p/n for the two bearing and a new seal.

hopefully someone can help me here.

Bry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.