Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mc5523  
#11 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 10:33:14 AM(UTC)
mc5523

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the steps! My oven light is now shut off and stove is working! You saved me quite a bit of $ !!!!:)
Teedubbs  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:14:04 AM(UTC)
Teedubbs

I had the same problem but found a different solution. The door latch is a flat, fairly sturdy piece of metal. When u shut the door, the latch hits the door and shuts the light off. After repeated use, the plate on the door that the latch hits, wears out. The plate is made of very thin metal and is susceptible to wear. I cut a small piece of light metal, bent it so that I could drill a hole in it, then secured it to the door (where the latch strikes it) with the screw that was in the door
charitap  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 8:12:42 PM(UTC)
charitap

My oven light stays on even after closing the oven. For couple of weeks it would turn off after pressing hard and then that trick stopped working but the light will turn off after 15 minutes or so and then finally it never went away and kept on but oven works fine.

I trusted choice home warranty and called them to fix and they sent a repair man who pulled out double oven out of the wall and played with it for one hour and told me the control board is malfunction and needs replaced and said he will come and fix after the part arrives. days turned to months and that guy didnt pick up my phone or choice warranty phone and they sent another guy home to check. According to second guy, the control board needs replaced and top and bottom locker is assembly needs replaced and it will cost $281 etc as locker assembly is not. Choice says they will provide $600 to replace oven (oven costs about $2400 to replace RBD308PVS) or repair the oven and I need to pa $281 for locker assembly.

My question is did the first guy correct in diagnosis about control board malfunction or did he spoil my oven? or even worse did he stole any parts of the oven? Ever since he put hands on it the oven stopped working and giving error code when I try to bake. BEfore that I only had light issue and I used to bake everything I need.

What should I do? replace the oven or just get someone to repair it. I dont want choice warranty guys to enter my property even.

Oven
chikker  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 3:00:18 PM(UTC)
chikker

The advice below looks great! But I don't know what step 1 means; what/where is latch and control panel? The rest I can do.

Originally Posted by: firemankurt Go to Quoted Post
My Kitchenaid oven light stayed on and oven light button would not turn it of. Instead panel beeps 3 times.

The solution was quite simple and required no dis-assembly (Although I found solution after dis-assembly.)

Problem is that Self cleaning oven lock is partially engaged.

To reset and fix:
1. Pull out on latching mechanism/hook under control panel.
2. Move to your right until interior light turns off. (simulates door closed)
3. Press Self clean button and let lock fully engage.
4. Press cancel to stop Self clean.
5. Close door

Hope this helps someone.
jessephillips  
#15 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 8:10:26 PM(UTC)
jessephillips

The multi-step solution from above didn't work for us, well it didn't even make sense for our oven - we must have a different model.

We have one that has two oven bays (the top one is really small).

Solution:
We pushed the "start" button on the top right (above the light off buttons). We held it down for 5 seconds, which I guess did something to unlock the buttons? And then we pressed start again and the lights went off. Weird.

Symptom:
The lights in both ovens were on and the off buttons wouldn't work -- but they didn't beep, they just didn't respond at all, which was annoying.

I hope this helps someone.
pshastri  
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 10:38:37 PM(UTC)
pshastri

Hi,
The steps mentioned in the reply worked to turn off the oven light.
Thanks,
-priya
Carla Gerow  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 7:44:01 PM(UTC)
Carla Gerow

United States

Firemankurt, thank you for the directions to fix my oven issues. Worked like a charm
juanrocha  
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 5:27:22 PM(UTC)
juanrocha

United States

Many years ago Firemankurt posted this fix and it is still helping people! Thank you Sir! worked like a charm!
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:17:20 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a Whirlpool and I just pushed the self-clean button and the light turned off and now it works! Thank you so much for this info
#20 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 12:27:11 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have Kitchen aid microWave oven manufactured in koria installed by Centex ,the Builder on December2001.Its Light with two 30 watts bulb Remains on under its entire body which helps to
see how a person cal turn off the light.Onoff switch when presses no Action.
I simply remove both the bulbs and closed the door.How to turn light off from the bardThis light I am talking about not the one .Raher it is under the oven inteeg
please advise how to turn off bottom lights which has two bulbs 30watts each

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply