Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vamazzeo  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 10:00:33 AM(UTC)
vamazzeo

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello. I have a Speed Queen Top Load Commercial Washing Machine (model: SWT221LA)
The initial problem was the drive belt melted.

I replaced the drive belt, idler spring, and drain pump to fix this issue.
That fixed the problem.

After the repair, when the machine was in the spin cycle the spinning sound was much louder than before the repair.
From what I read it sounded like the bearings needed to be replaced.
I replaced the bearings, hub assembly, and the outer tub (I damaged the original removing the upper seal).

When I tested the machine it filled with water, the tub agitated during the wash cycle, and the tub drained during the spin cycle. However, the tub did not spin. The tub locked in place. The drain pump emptied the water. I am unable to manually spin the tub during the spin cycle.

I replaced the brake assembly, brake pads, and idler pulley assembly to fix that issue.

The tub still does not spin during the spin cycle. During the spin cycle the tub appears to be locked in place. It will not move even by hand.

I reset the timer and had the machine start at the beginning of the wash cycle each time I tested.

I'm stumped. I hope some of you have ideas as to how to fix this non-spinning issue.

If you need more clarification or information, please let me know.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.