Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nealu  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 1:32:11 PM(UTC)
Nealu

Groups: Registered

I have replaced the sensor. Purchased from Appliancepartspro. I really don't know what to do other than just live with the situation. Unit was $1800 and it should have lasted longer for that amount of money.
#12 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 5:22:51 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi, we have. GE Profile oven and just replaced the temperature probe, however we still have the same problem. In Convection mode it works fine, however, in Bake mode, the oven heats to the desired temperature, but does not hold that temperature and often looses about 50 degrees in a very short period of time. I noticed above, that there was mention of possibly replacing the Control Board. Can anyone let me know if that fixed the problem, or anything else I should check or do first?
#13 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 5:38:05 PM(UTC)

United States

Hi, we have. GE Profile oven and just replaced the temperature probe, however we still have the same problem. In Convection mode it works fine, however, in Bake mode, the oven heats to the desired temperature, but does not hold that temperature and often looses about 50 degrees in a very short period of time. I noticed above, that there was mention of possibly replacing the Control Board. Can anyone let me know if that fixed the problem, or anything else I should check or do first?
Gene  
#14 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 7:51:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Dear Guest.
What is the compete model number of the oven?
How did you measure the temperature in the oven?
Thank you.
#15 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 4:21:50 PM(UTC)

United States

I fixed it. After changing the control board and temperature sensor, it was fixed when I put in a new igniter. The igniter works when cold, but not after it heats up. In hindsight I realize the sound of the gas "luffing" was a symptom of igniter failure.
#16 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2021 6:29:52 PM(UTC)

United States

I am wondering if Nealu... has anything further to report on what caused his problem. I believe I have a similar problem with our stove, the only difference is that ours has been like this from new but the warrantee representative refused to do anything about it. He concluded the temperature was too high and suggested we lower the temperature 20 degrees. He measured this after he turned the oven on and it had come up to temperature. He never stayed around to see what happens to the oven over time. I would possibly replace the control board if this would fix it but I don't want to spend that kind of money with no positive results.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2021 5:43:58 PM(UTC)

United States

Oh - wow - I i know this is an old thread - but of electric convection oven does the same. I will come up to correct temp with pre-heating, but will then not heat again and the temperature drops. In convect mode, it works fine. Do oven use “convect” mode to preheat?

Bad elements? Sensor? Or control board?

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply