Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mhall264  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 9:04:39 AM(UTC)
mhall264

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Kenmore 110.67732794 dryer for a long time and it has required multiple repairs. All the thermal fuses have been replaced, the heating element coil broke and I repaired by coupling it with some hardware and so on. The latest malfuntion is the timer. For a little while I noticed the timer would finish however the dryer would keep tumbling until I actually opened the door to stop it. Then suddenly the timer wouldn't engage at all.

I figured bad contacts or something inside so I opened it up. And in fact two of the contacts had some traces of arcing and flashing on them. I cleaned them up but while reassembling I noticed the resistor that was in-line with the orange wire. I decided to check it with a meter and sure enough it was open.

I took apart the shrink wrap and all but the thing was too cooked to get a visual of the ratings. And I just cannot seem to find the answer online. Everywhere that sells the part obviously doesn't want to tell you the ratings it seems.

The part number is #279872. Does anyone know the ohm and wattage value of this resistor? I ask because I may actually have one that will suffice or be able to put some various ones in parallel to get the correct value.

I am looking for a used replacement but would be nice to get it going in the meantime to make my 'ol lady happy!

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.