Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Daniel J  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 10:39:24 PM(UTC)
Daniel J

Groups: Registered

When starting a wash cycle, I hear the initial drain pump noise run for a few seconds as usual until any residual water has been emptied (I can hear the water run down the sink drain normally). Then the dishwasher fills with fresh water, I hear normal running sounds for a minute or two and then it beeps as if the cycle is finished.

There is no error code but the digital display shows 0:00 instead of turning off. There is hot water on the bottom pan, and the soap dispenser has not opened.

What could be causing this?

Edited by user Tuesday, February 23, 2021 11:04:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TomH725  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2021 6:15:12 AM(UTC)
TomH725

Groups: Registered
United States

Had the same thing. I followed a Youtube video for getting error codes and got an E6 error code. Aqua Sensor. That is a little photovoltaic that senses how dirty the water is. $38 part but the replace video looked intimidating.

Since there was some greasy residue in the bottom I took a paper towel and wiped it out and then stuck the paper towel into the the two holes where water would drain and cleaned those tubes. Voila. It worked. I got it to do a whole cycle. Then I cleaned the whole thing with the vinegar and baking soda process from Wikihow. So just clean those tubes with a paper towel.

Wife says I saved us $1K because we didn't have to get a new dishwasher. I guess $300 and an argument. $300 for the service call and an argument over whether to spend $300 to fix a 12 year old dishwasher at it's "end of life." You have to take the whole dishwasher apart to get to the part and that was a bit beyond my "gumption." So it might have been even more than $300 in which case we're back to saving the $1K for a new one.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply